Thursday, April 23, 2009

Beyond Baseball

Full Disclosure: I love the game of baseball. And despite certain aspects of today's national pastime (ahem... new Yankee Stadium, its sushi bar and that 3rd baseman of theirs currently on the DL), I always get jazzed about the prospect of hearing the crack of the bat, grabbing a hot dog & cold beer and watching guys do what I wish I could. Play ball.

Anyhow, this latest campaign "Beyond Baseball" from the MLB plays into the passion many of us have while also bringing some real humanity to a game that's taken its hits. Hello, steriod scandals. It's fitting that the one spot features a very much not bulky Tim Lincecum. MLB.com also has a dedicated "beyond baseball" webpage where fans can learn more about the lives of players... not just their stats. I really think MLB has hit a homerun with this... not a Barry-Bond type of home run, but more like a Kirk Gibson walk off.

No comments: