Friday, July 10, 2009

A Diaper Dandy

So, I have a 2-month old at home and I've been quite impressed by how adept he is at holding up his neck, moving side to side and burping. Well, that was until I saw these videos from Evian. Wow, these little ones can really move.

Okay, so it's fake, very fake. Nevertheless, the execution on this viral campaign impresses the hell out of me. As I'm sure a ton of preparation and then post-work was done to make it all happen. It capitalizes on the cuteness of babies while also working to own a statement of "a natural way to stay young and full of energy."

Evian takes the bigger statement and strategy of "live young" and finds a catchy way to spread that message. Evian has a history of striking advertising and a solid brand image. However, with the many, many water choices out there and the backlash against plastic, it has lost some visibility. This campaign certainly helps bring Evian back into the minds of water drinkers everywhere. Dancing babies are nothing new, but breakdancing, rollerskating babies are a different story. Nice wok. Now, I wonder how many diapers were used in the making of these videos.



No comments: